Create a competition, with Whiting Indiana as venue, for self propelled vehicles powered by nontraditional, green energy sources.
- To promote the creation of a vehicle for inner city transport which uses a renewable nontraditional source for power.
- To negotiate a 5 mile, predetermined course a with self propelled vehicle
- To hold the competition in conjunction with “For the Love of art” and National Inventors Month (August) 2010.
- To follow the rules set forth by the governing body (Advisory Board) of the “ALTERNATE POWER INITIATIVE”.
- To attract donors and sponsors so that a prize can be offered.
- To create a simple set of rules that will encourage rather than inhibit creativity.
- To provide media coverage and recognition to all participants so that it is worthwhile, and exciting to participate.
- To encourage inventors to practice their craft and to honor the attempt no matter the outcome. (There is no failure in trying)
- To establish 1st and 2nd prize for the race and prizes for most original design and most creative design.